Thursday, October 9, 2008

Law and Order: SVU

In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.

Kelly and I were watching an old episode of SVU last night. During the opening credits (as above) she turned to me and said, "Isn't heinous a bad word?"

I said no, it means horrible. She paused for a moment digesting this information. Then she said, "Well isn't the word like heinous a bad word?"

I'm sitting there trying to puzzle out a synonymn for heinous that could be a bad word and getting no where so I ask her what word she means.

She says, "Like heinous but without the h".

I'll give you a minute to sound it out in my head like I did last night.


**cue the Jepoardy music**

Did you come up with anus? Did you laugh?

Apparently Frank, who's really smart, told Kelly that anus was a bad word. I disagree with Frank's level of smartness since he thought anus was a bad word. Once I explained to Kelly that anus was the anatomically correct way to say poop chute, I think she wishes she'd stayed in the dark and never asked....

1 comment:

BusyDad said...

You know, for a scientific word, you have to admit, anus just sounds dirty. I think out of all the proper names for naughty bits, I'd prefer least to be called an "anus head".