Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes We Can

Today, I sat at a computer completely transfixed while watching history be made. I've struggled to find the reason why this inaugaration is different and the only thing I can come up with is Change. Ushering in Obama as our 44th President signifies youth, hope, unification, and change.

As I lay in bed last night, a thought struck me. There is a fundamental difference between my generation and my children's generation. As a teenager (same age as the Drama Queen), I couldn't fathom the idea of a black man and a woman competing for a presidental nomination. I saw the carnage that a female vice president wreaked on Walter Mondale. I have to admit that it was beyond my comprehension that this day would arrive. As I sat in awe seeing all the "old school" candidates drop out (ie: white males) and watched it come down to the wire between Hillary and Barrack, I knew I was witnessing history. To me, it was akin to what those in the 60's must have felt watching the civil rights movements and see the integration of the blacks. To my children, it was just the way it was. It wasn't a question for them of if could happen but why couldn't it happen. That is the moment I realized just how important this election was.

I watched on election night as polls closed and votes came in to see Barrack take state after state, I realized how much our country and our people needed this. This became not an issue of a black president, but of a young, new leader who had the power to energize a nation with his words. The power to remind us that it is not an issue of black or white, woman or man but an issue of American people stepping up to the plate to do what we can to affect change. I sat and watched my 13 year old daughter intently watching the television, so excited about an election, not because of the barriers that have been broken but because she too felt inspired by Obama and realized his message is meant and understood by all ages, race, sexes, and religions.

I, for one, am excited by all the barriers that have been broken throughout this election. Woman or man, black or white, old or young no longer matters. Having the power to unite and compel a people through your words, having the skill to speak convincingly and inspire a nation, giving us all hope for a better and brighter tomorrow is what it should be about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


We are muslim Organization formed to help people in needs of helps,such as financial help. So if you are going through financial difficulty or you are in any financial mess,and you need funds to start up your own business,or you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills,start a nice business, or you are finding it hard to obtain capital loan from local banks,contact us today via email (powerfinance7@gmail.com) So do not let these opportunity pass you by because Allah is the same yesterday, today and forever more. Please these is for serious minded and Allah fearing People.

LOAN APPLICATION FORM
**********************
Your full name:
Country/State:
Loan Amount:
Duration
Phone:
Monthly income:
Occupation:

Awaiting your swift response.
May Allah bless you.
IBRAHIM MUSA
power Financial Service Pvt.
Contact Us At :powerfinance7@gmail.com

yaser mamdoh said...

مركز التسوق أو المول التجاري هو مبني أو مجمع مغطى جزئيا أو كليا مولات الرياض ويشتمل المول على مراكز ترفيهية ومتاجر متنوعة تضم كافة السلع الإستهلاكية بالإضافة إلى المطاعم المتعددة والكافيهات ومواقف السيارات دليل محلات الرياض بارك مول او دليل محلات الفيصلية مول الرياض او دليل محلات غرناطة مول الرياض او دليل محلات خريص مول الرياض او دليل محلات اطياف مول الرياض  وبدأ تاريخ مراكز التسوق كفن معماري استهلاكي منذ 60 عاماً ليتطور ويصل إلى ماوصل إليه، ولتكون المولات معالم بارزة في بعض الدول، وعامل جذب سياحي هام الحاجة أم الإختراع!، لم يكن ظهور مراكز التسوق صدفة، بل ظهرت تلبية لحاجات المستهلكين، والمول صُمم لإستهواء المتسوق لشراء كل ماهو جديد ومتنوع مجتمع تحت سقف واحد