Got that Beatles song in your head yet? At any rate, in honor of today being my *gulp* 36th Birthday, I figured I'd try to find 36 things about me that I haven't shared yet.....(bear with me because this could be hard, I'm a sharer after all and I lay out all my weird quirks and embarassing stories just for you my dear readers!)
1. I don't have any tattoos but if I were to get one, I know exactly what I want. I'm too afraid of pain and how it would look when I'm older to get one!
2. I have 5 piercings in my ears.
3. I have oldest child syndrome.
4. I've never broken a bone in my whole life.
5. I hate beans - kidney, lima, and baked. My mom would make homemade baked beans and make me eat them and then get mad when I smothered them with ketchup to drown out the taste.
6. When I was little, I used to run and walk on my tiptoes. My mother was convinced this was going to make me a wonderful ballerina - until she witnessed dance class.
7. As a child, I had the nicknames Radio Lips and Speedy Gonzales - Radio Lips because well, I talked a lot and Speed Gonzales because I ran everywhere.
8. I once almost drowned in a swimming pool. My cousin saved me.
9. I'm a zit picker. I can't help it.
10. I love my son to pieces and at this point in time, he's my favorite. I'm sure this will change but he is the most like me and I think he's wonderful. (Stay tuned for the Shaggy birthday post tomorrow)
11. My feelings get hurt easily and I've been known to cry at the drop of a hat.
12. I don't like to sweat. It makes me feel dirty.
13. I forget just how large my ass is until I catch sight of it in the mirror. I think I'm still the skinny 99 lb girl I was at 18.
14. I want to get plastic surgery on my upper arms because they are nasty but I can't justify the cost and I'm scared of the pain.
15. I'm afraid to die.
16. I'm afraid of wasps - deathly afraid. I will run screaming like all the devils of hell are after me.
17. I can quote just about any line from Raw and Delirious and Friends and somehow fit it into my daily conversations. I then laugh like a lunatic.
18. I love to cook but I cannot bake to save my life.
19. I like my house clean and clutter really makes my butthole pucker. I think I have a small amount of OCD.
20. I can read the same books over and over and still love the story. All of my over 200 books I owe have been read at LEAST twice.
21. I bawl like a baby at the movies: Notting Hill, Pretty Woman, Steel Magnolias, Braveheart, and Mr. Holland's Opus.
22. I'm a sucker for romance. Unfortunately, I didn't marry the most romantic guy on the planet so therefore, I'm often disappointed.
23. Tulips are my favorites flowers and my husband will always send them for Valentine's Day. Sometimes I wish he'd send them for no reason but hey, at least he knows what my favorite flowers are.
24. I love wine. I wish the non alcoholic versions tasted as good because I'm a total lightweight and after a glass or two, I'm feeling it. I don't drink it for the alcohol value but for the taste.
25. I don't really like my brother. I dread when he calls because I don't know how to relate to him or what to say. I'll often let the voicemail pick it up.
26. My favorite thing is to make people laugh. I definitely have class clown syndrome.
27. I'm fairly intelligent but have no degrees to back that up.
28. I've very competitive. I don't like to lose and I get mad when I can't do things well.
29. I was dreading turning 30 but my 30's have been some of my best and worst years - however, they are definitely the years where I managed to find myself again.
30. I'm catholic but I haven't been to church in about 7 years. I really felt let down by God when my life turned to shit but we've since made up and I have daily talks with him. I sometimes miss Church but not the religion aspect.
31. If someone asks me a question, I will search until I find the answer. I can't stand not knowing something.
32. I turned down an appointment to West Point Academy. I still don't regret it.
33. I was top student in Chemisty with a 98% average in High School. I'm a total science geek and I wanted to be a biomedical engineer.
34. I don't regret not getting a college degree - I have my children and that is a bigger accomplishment than any college degree.
35. 7th Grade was a hell year for me - I often had suicial thoughts.
36. I cannot pass a collection box without dropping something in - even if its the last dollar I have til payday. I had a lot of help when I was single and I believe in paying it forward and trying to make a difference because I know what its like.
There you are - 36 totally random facts. These are my birthday present to anyone who reads!
PS - as mentioned above, Shaggy's birthday is tomorrow. He'll be 17. I am not old enough to have a 17 year old!!!